Eberspacher / Espar Airtronic D2 12v Air Heater Kit (Latest Version)
Latest Espar Airtronic D2 version 2018
Fuel type: Diesel
Voltage: 12 Volts
Max Power 7,500 BTU (2.2kW)
High 6,500 BTU (1.8kW)
Medium 4,100 BTU (1.2kW)
Low 2,900 BTU (0.85kW)
H-Kit Compatible: Yes
Espar / Eberspacher Part Number:
252675050000 / 25.2675.05.0000 / 25.2675.05.00.00 / 25.2069.05.0000.0Z
25 2675 05 0000 / 25 2675 05 00 00 / 25 2069.05.0000.0Z /
- Espar / Eberspacher airtronic heater
- Fuel pump (12v)
- Fuel hose
- Fuel T piece kit
- Controller of your choice
- Exhaust Silencer / Muffler
- Electrical harnesses
- Stainless steel exhaust pipe
- Combustion intake pipe
- Flexible ducting (60 mm. diameter)
- Inlet / Outlet grills
- Air outlet grill (60 mm. diameter)
- Screws, clips and plastic straps required for installation
- Installation manual CD
- Warranty documentation
Ideal for heating:
- Van ( Sprinter, Promaster, Explorer, Vario, Crafter, Movano, VW BUS)
- Military / Army / Defense / Emergency vehicles
- Horse Box
- Mobile Workshop
- Boat (requires marine kit). There is an option to add a marine kit to your order at the bottom of this page. If you want to see the description of the marine kit, please click here.
- United States - 1 Working Day
- United Kingdom - 1 Working Day
- Western Europe - 2-3 Working Days
- Eastern Europe - 3-5 Working Days
- Scandinavian Countries - 2-3 Working Days
- Australia / New Zealand - 2-3 Working Days
- Rest of World - 2-4 Working Days
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First, HEATSO customer support was excellent and the product is amazing once you get it set up and properly wired/working.
Issues I had are:
* You need the High Altitude kit if you ever go near the mountains... which is where you usually need the heater! + ~$400 if not on sale...
* The temperature sensor that comes with the Remote + unit is not usable as a thermostat. It just lets you know the temp. but won't shut off the heater at the desired temp. + ~$50...
* The Molex Micro-J connectors are a pain to use, small and not initially crimped (which technically needs a tool to properly crimp and another tool to remove if you make a mistake putting them in the housings).
You will receive A LOT of extra parts. Don't be alarmed. Install and wiring is actually pretty simple if you keep in mind that not all parts and wires will be used. The only thing I find frustrating is that there is no reducer hose barb to make the fuel line installation in a newer Sprinter easy. I was unable to find the part locally and had to order online. the only part you should need for a newer sprinter install(one with the fuel tank already tapped) is a 1/4" to 3/16" hose barb to transition from the sprinter fuel line to the Espar fuel line.
I installed a D2 heater in my 2017 Mercedes Sprinter. I chose to install the heater on the driver's side floor, just in front of the rear wheel well. I think this location is much preferred over the passenger seat installation location. The diesel tap from the tank is on the drivers side and it makes in convenient. It is also preferred to be able to have the exhaust on the driver side away from the main cargo door. I was able to install on my own, but I found it a bit challenging. Limited directions are provided and the wiring diagram is a bit intimidating at first. Improved directions would be helpful. I have used the heater for nearly a year and so far so good.
What an amazing heater! Installed in a 170" MB Sprinter and it easily heats the van. Skip the mounting bracket-- I had to cut it down as it is too large to use under the passenger seat. Just use scrap metal as your mounting bracket. Heatso service is 1st class and I received my D2 in Colorado in under two days. Your eyes will glaze over at the wiring diagram the first time you look at it, but after a few YouTube videos, it's actually pretty easy.
Very nice unit bought the tank also. Used in a crane cab and its plenty big enough actually it will run you out of it if you leave it on high for long. Easy install could use a better wiring schematic but still no problem. Very satisfied
Dispatch was speedy, price competitive, communications with seller excellent. Would purchase again for sure.
Buon prezzo, consegna veloce, relativamente facile l'installazione. Grazie Heatso.
Excellent product although a little more information regarding the fitting applications for the basic kit would have been usefull.
This is a great heater, was relatively easy to install although I have to say the manufacturer instructions could be a little better. It arrived very promptly in great condition. Thanks