Ideal for travelling and camping in high altitudes, this 12V Espar Airtronic D2 diesel heater is a powerful and economical heater. It can operate at altitudes up to 7200 ft (2,200 m) and offers 4 heat output levels, plus an air ventilation mode.
THE ESPAR AIRTRONIC D2 AIR HEATER KIT
BENEFITS OF THE ESPAR AIRTRONIC D2 12V
The Airtronic D2 is easy to control with 4 heating settings, for a maximum heat output of 7,500BTU.
Designed with comfort in mind, the Airtronic D2 is easy to install and maintain.
Combined with the High-Altitude Kit, the Espar D2 can reliably function at altitudes up to 9,900ft (3,000m).
The D2 provides precise heating for your camper thanks to the internal temperature sensor.
Save on maintenance, fuel, storage, and campground fees thanks to an efficient and lightweight design
The GoSun Camp 365 off-grid trailer unfolds in under 10 minutes into a 100 sq.ft. spacious camper.
A built-in water purifying system and power station to store solar energy let you stay on the road for longer.
This off-grid camper includes all the household appliances for comfortable living on the road.
THE LEGENDARY ESPAR AIRTRONIC D2
The Espar D2 diesel heater is the most popular 2KW heater on the market. Its compact dimensions make it ideal for both internal and external installations. The D2 stays fuel-efficient thanks to its efficient combustion chamber and heat exchanger configuration.
Featuring an internal temperature sensor, the D2 lets you control your camper’s climate with precision. For additional accuracy, you can also configure this Espar diesel heater to use a second external temperature sensor.
THE EBERSPACHER AIRTRONIC D2 HEATER KIT
The Eberspacher Airtronic D2 12V 2.2KW heater kit is a complete air heating system for your camper. It includes everything, from the air heater and fuel line, to the exhaust muffler and electrical harnesses.
You will also find all the brackets, screws, and clamps necessary for an easy installation. This all-in-one kit lets you get the most from your Airtronic D2.
Finally, the EasyStart Pro controller puts all the controls of this powerful system at your fingertips.
TRAVEL WITH COMFORT AT HIGH ALTITUDES
What really sets the Espar D2 Heater kit apart from other economical heaters is its ability to be used at high altitudes. Espar’s unique altitude adjustment feature means that it can work at 7,200ft (2,200 m), around 700 meters higher than its competitors. And if you want to use your Espar D2 even higher than that, you can purchase the special High Altitude kit.
The Espar D2 is also fully customisable, which is important if you want to fine-tune your kit. The heater is compatible with LIN, CAN, and S+ protocols, giving you greater freedom for custom builds.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ESPAR AIRTRONIC D2 12V
4 modes of heating operation let you tune the 2KW diesel heater to any climate.
Integrated temperature control sensor for greater precision when setting the temperature.
Compatible with LIN, CAN, and S+ communication protocols for better customization.
Dynamic altitude adjustment lets you reach higher altitudes without manual adjustments.
Innovative design and super efficient solar-powered appliances.
Durable and lightweight all-aluminum frame is immune to mold or rust.
A complete electricity system, powered entirely by solar panels.
100 square feet of customizable open space to fit all your needs.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE AIRTRONIC D2
0.02 - 0.07 gal/h (0.1 - 0.28 l/h)
8 - 34W
12.2 x 4.5 x 4.8in (310 x 115 x 122mm)
INCLUDED IN THE KIT
- Espar / Eberspacher airtronic D2 heater
- Fuel pump (12v)
- Fuel hose
- Fuel T piece kit
- Controller of your choice
- Exhaust Silencer / Muffler
- Electrical harnesses
- Stainless steel exhaust pipe - approx. 90cm
- Combustion intake pipe
- Flexible ducting (60 mm. diameter)
- Inlet / Outlet grills
- Air outlet grill (60 mm. diameter)
- Screws, clips and plastic straps required for installation
- Installation manual CD
- Warranty documentation
Installation, servicing and maintenance must be done in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in voiding your warranty.
We provide free technical and installation support via email or phone to all of our customers who purchase a heater, heater kit or other products from Heatso. We take pride in our customer service and want to ensure that your heater system is properly installed. As a result, if you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
If you require removing and/or refitting your item, please visit a local professional or authorised specialist, if you can not find one you can contact us and we will try to recommend a local partner to assist with the task. The cost of removing and/or refitting this item is not covered by the warranty.
Standard/Premium Warranty Terms for Espar/Eberspacher or Webasto Heaters & Heater kits
2 Years + optional 1 year extended Warranty available
If the item has failed within warrantable conditions:
- Please fill out the contact form on the “Contact us” page.
- A representative will contact you within 24 business hours to confirm the details and assist you further.
- If the product needs to be inspected by our service engineer, we will provide shipping labels for you to print and attach before handing over to our courier for collection.
- The shipping label will contain instructions for arranging pickup at your location or drop off at a nearby FedEx location. Follow these instructions to pass the package to FedEx.
- *The Label must be attached to the packages before leaving the package with FedEx.
- *You can also choose to drop off the item at a FedEx post office instead of requesting a courier collection.
- *If after inspection it appears that the item is not warrantable and the malfunction is caused by a non-warrantable condition, we will kindly ask you to cover shipping expenses at a discounted flat rate.
- On average, diagnostics of heaters and their parts takes 3 to 4 working days from the moment the item has reached our warehouse.
- *The diagnostics report is provided by a manufacturer approved authorised service centre.
- If during diagnostics it was concluded that the fault falls under non-warrantable conditions, our customer support will reach out to you and provide you with an estimated repair cost.
- *Please note that we strive to provide the lowest possible repair prices.
- Under normal circumstances it can take 3-7 working days after diagnostics to repair most minor malfunctions.
- *Please note that each case is unique and your repairs may take longer depending on the fault.
*Please note that all deadlines above are approximate and everything depends on the specific details of each case.
**If your item has been installed by a third party, please save all the documentation.This documentation can help find and fix the fault faster.
28 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Everything came from HeatSo in good shape, super FAST, and install was super easy. Recommend this product to anyone needing efficient, dry heat!
I installed this air heater in my 2017 Sprinter Van, I found all the parts I needed in the kit. It was easy and it is working fine.
First, HEATSO customer support was excellent and the product is amazing once you get it set up and properly wired/working.
Issues I had are:
* You need the High Altitude kit if you ever go near the mountains... which is where you usually need the heater! + ~$400 if not on sale...
* The temperature sensor that comes with the Remote + unit is not usable as a thermostat. It just lets you know the temp. but won't shut off the heater at the desired temp. + ~$50...
* The Molex Micro-J connectors are a pain to use, small and not initially crimped (which technically needs a tool to properly crimp and another tool to remove if you make a mistake putting them in the housings).
You will receive A LOT of extra parts. Don't be alarmed. Install and wiring is actually pretty simple if you keep in mind that not all parts and wires will be used. The only thing I find frustrating is that there is no reducer hose barb to make the fuel line installation in a newer Sprinter easy. I was unable to find the part locally and had to order online. the only part you should need for a newer sprinter install(one with the fuel tank already tapped) is a 1/4" to 3/16" hose barb to transition from the sprinter fuel line to the Espar fuel line.
I installed a D2 heater in my 2017 Mercedes Sprinter. I chose to install the heater on the driver's side floor, just in front of the rear wheel well. I think this location is much preferred over the passenger seat installation location. The diesel tap from the tank is on the drivers side and it makes in convenient. It is also preferred to be able to have the exhaust on the driver side away from the main cargo door. I was able to install on my own, but I found it a bit challenging. Limited directions are provided and the wiring diagram is a bit intimidating at first. Improved directions would be helpful. I have used the heater for nearly a year and so far so good.
What an amazing heater! Installed in a 170" MB Sprinter and it easily heats the van. Skip the mounting bracket-- I had to cut it down as it is too large to use under the passenger seat. Just use scrap metal as your mounting bracket. Heatso service is 1st class and I received my D2 in Colorado in under two days. Your eyes will glaze over at the wiring diagram the first time you look at it, but after a few YouTube videos, it's actually pretty easy.
Very nice unit bought the tank also. Used in a crane cab and its plenty big enough actually it will run you out of it if you leave it on high for long. Easy install could use a better wiring schematic but still no problem. Very satisfied
Dispatch was speedy, price competitive, communications with seller excellent. Would purchase again for sure.