The Espar D5 air heater kit
The Espar D5 is the most powerful 5kW heater with high altitude capability on the market. It operates as a forced air heater, and offers a huge heat output of 5.5kW / 18770 BTU. This power is combined with fuel economy, making the Espar D5 a cost effective long-term option for boats and marine vessels, coaches, buses, rail stock, and other large vehicles. It is also suitable for any vehicle or vessel that requires long or complex ducting.
Key features of the Espar D5 air heater kit
- This 12V Espar diesel heater offers 5.5kW / 18770 BTU of heat output, making it the most powerful Espar air heater available.
- It offers excellent fuel economy for such a powerful heater, requiring just 0.75 liters for one hour’s heating at maximum level.
- The Espar D5 is available in 12V and 24V.
- It can heat up multiple areas simultaneously, and offers 4 heat output levels - low, medium, high, power (boost) - plus an air ventilation mode.
- This Espar diesel heater can handle ducting up to 49 feet / 15 meters and multiple outlets. It has one of the highest duct ratings for length and complexity of ducting.
- Ducting outlets with the Espar D5 can be either 90mm or 100mm.
- The Espar D5 air heater kit can operate at altitudes of up to 7,200 feet / 2,200 meters. It can operate at higher temperature if an additional High Altitude kit is installed.
- The Espar D5 air heater kit uses all of Espar’s 3 protocol technologies - CAN, LIN and S+ - which means it is compatible with earlier generation controllers.
- This Espar diesel heater can work with 2 different controllers - a timer inside the cabin or a key for remote control for remote use.
- And controlling the Espar D5 is simple when paired with the EasyStart Pro, and includes thermostatic functionality thanks to its integrated temperature sensor.
- Installation is straightforward with the Espar D5. Plug and play installation means DIY installation is possible.
- Fuel supply for this Espar diesel heater can be taken directly from the vehicles fuel tank.
- The Espar D5 air heater kit has CE safety certification and features automatic shut down for added safety.
- Produced by a highly reputable German manufacturer, the Espar D5 is robust and reliable.
- This is one of the most popular Espar marine heaters on the market - please note a marine changeover kit is required for marine application.
- This heater comes with all the necessary parts for installation. Custom kits are available for the Espar D5, and the Heatso team can help you put together your custom kit, including calculating ducting rates, suggesting outlet options and planning the layout for you in the case of marine applications.
User benefits of the Espar D5 air heater kit
Thanks to its power, fuel economy and ability to heat multiple areas at once, the Espar D5 is a popular diesel heater for marine and transport uses. Maintenance is straightforward, with parts and servicing available globally.
Who the Espar D5 air heater kit is suitable for
While this diesel heater is especially well suited to large vehicles and vessels, it is also a suitable choice for a range of other vehicles. Suitable vehicles include:
- Trucks / Lorries / Semi-trucks
- Campervans / Motorhomes
- Construction and agricultural machinery
- Mining machinery
- Military / Army / Defense vehicle
- Transport / Passenger vehicles
- Railway machinery / Trains
- Bus / Coach / School bus
- Emergency vehicles
- Horse Boxes
- Mobile Workshops
- Boats (requires marine kit)
Heatso’s engineers are here to help
The Espar D5 is an excellent heating option for your vehicle. But if you have any questions about it, or would like to hear about other options, our customer service is onhand to help. And when you do find the ideal solution to meet your needs, our engineers are available to talk you through the whole installation process, step by step.
Espar / Eberspacher Part Numbers:
- 252361050000 (Heater)
- 252361800000 (Universal Installation Kit)
- Eberspacher Airtronic D5 12v Heater
- Fuel pump (12v)
- Fuel hose
- Fuel T piece kit
- Electrical harnesses
- Stainless steel exhaust pipe
- Combustion intake pipe
- Flexible ducting
- Inlet / Outlet grills
- Air outlet ball type
- Screws, clips and plastic straps required for installation
- Mount Bracket
- Installation manual CD
- Warranty documentation
If you want to use this heater in a boat, you will need a marine installation kit. You can add it to your order at the bottom of this page. Please click here to see what is included in the marine installation kit.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fantastic quality. Clean easy install.
WAS SUPRISED WHEN IT DIDN'T COME WITH A THERMOSTAT OR ENOUGH PINS TO WIRE THE FUEL PUMP, OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS GREAT. WE ARE AN ESPAR DEALER AND HAD A FALLING OUT WITH OUR SUPPLIER. WE WILL BE BUYING FROM HEATSO AGAIN. GREAT EXPERIENCE
Straight forward install, just make sure you follow instructions. More than enough parts to route everything. Depending on Thermostat option, you have to splice a couple wires together on harness to controller to allow Thermostat regulation, kinda hidden in instructions for thermostat. Otherwise it is a fantastic heater. Using it in a 24' work trailer.