Introducing an upgraded version of the popular D5S Hydronic kit. The new Hydronic D5E RV heater kit is quieter, more efficient, and more precise than its predecessor.
ESPAR HYDRONIC D5E 12V RV HEATER KIT
BENEFITS OF THE ESPAR HYDRONIC D5E
The Hydronic D5E can heat up both water and air for your off-grid home with a 17,000BTU output.
The heater’s compact dimensions allow for it to be installed internally or in the engine bay.
Combined with the EasyStart Pro, the D5E can reliably operate at altitudes up to 3,000m (9,900ft).
The D5E provides a more comfortable experience with an extended 5,000-hour lifecycle.
Save on maintenance, fuel, storage, and campground fees thanks to an efficient and lightweight design
The GoSun Camp 365 off-grid trailer unfolds in under 10 minutes into a 100 sq.ft. spacious camper.
A built-in water purifying system and power station to store solar energy let you stay on the road for longer.
This off-grid camper includes all the household appliances for comfortable living on the road.
THE GROUNDBREAKING ESPAR HYDRONIC S3 D5E
This RV 12V heater uses cutting-edge technologies to provide a massive 17,000 BTU output while staying fuel efficient. Combined with the EasyStart Pro controller, the D5E can reach a record high altitude of 3,000m (9,900ft).
The brushless fan and upgraded pump make the heater operate significantly quieter. At the same time, the internal upgrades also increase the lifecycle up to 5,000 hours.
ALL-IN-ONE CAMPER HEATER KIT
The newest D5E is highly versatile and capable of heating both air and water.
The kit comes with all the necessary brackets, clamps, and screws for an easy installation. The included air and water heat exchangers let you get the most from the D5E.
Finally, the EasyStart Pro puts all the controls of this complex system at your fingertips.
COMPLETE WATER SYSTEM CUSTOM-BUILT FOR YOU
The shipped kit provides a complete domestic water heating system that can be used for showers and taps. In addition, the universal kit can be used to preheat the engine, as well as heat air and floors.
If you require extra features, custom kits can be built on demand.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ESPAR HYDRONIC D5E RV 12V HEATER
Significantly more versatile than its predecessors and is being constantly updated.
Upgraded brushless fan and fuel pump, and stepless heating control.
Dynamic fan speed is adjusted according to the temperature set.
Optimized noise reduction and NVH for increased lifecycle.
Innovative design and super efficient solar-powered appliances.
Durable and lightweight all-aluminum frame is immune to mold or rust.
A complete electricity system, powered entirely by solar panels.
100 square feet of customizable open space to fit all your needs.
Hydronic S3 D5E Water Heater
0.67 l/h (0.17 gal/h)
Average Power Consumption
Power Consumption on Start
Allowed Operating Pressure
Minimum water flow rate
300 l/h (79.2 gal/h)
Dimensions LxWxH (mm)
215 x 91 x 144 mm (8.4 x 3.6 x 5.7 in)
~500 l/h (~132 gal/h)
INCLUDED IN THE RV HEATER KIT
- Diesel Espar Hydronic S3 D5E 12V Heater
- EasyStart PRO controller
- Kalori Blower controller unit
- Kalori Blower box 4.3KW with Grill
- 5 Liter water expansion tank
- Fuel Pump
- 1m of exhaust pipe
- 1m of combustion Intake pipe
- 2.3m of water hose (Heater) (20mm)
- 4m of water hose 16mm ID (Blower Box)
- 1 Exhaust Silencer (24mm)
- Circulating Water Pump (for glycol / coolant)
- All electrical harnesses and connections
- All necessary clips and screws
- Hydronic Mounting Bracket
Installation, servicing and maintenance must be done in accordance with manufacturers guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in voiding your warranty.
We provide free technical and installation support via email or phone to all of our customers who purchase a heater, heater kit or other products from Heatso. We take pride in our customer service and want to ensure that your heater system is properly installed. As a result, if you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
If you require removing and/or refitting your item, please visit a local professional or authorised specialist, if you can not find one you can contact us and we will try to recommend a local partner to assist with the task. The cost of removing and/or refitting this item is not covered by the warranty.
Standard/Premium Warranty Terms for Espar/Eberspacher or Webasto Heaters & Heater kits
2 Years + optional 1 year extended Warranty available
If the item has failed within warrantable conditions:
- Please fill out the contact form on the Contact us page.
- A representative will contact you within 24 business hours to confirm the details and assist you further.
- If the product needs to be inspected by our service engineer, we will provide shipping labels for you to print and attach before handing over to our courier for collection.
- The shipping label will contain instructions for arranging pickup at your location or drop off at a nearby FedEx location. Follow these instructions to pass the package to FedEx.
- *The Label must be attached to the packages before leaving the package with FedEx.
- *You can also choose to drop off the item at a FedEx post office instead of requesting a courier collection.
- *If after inspection it appears that the item is not warrantable and the malfunction is caused by a non-warrantable condition, we will kindly ask you to cover shipping expenses at a discounted flat rate.
- On average, diagnostics of heaters and their parts takes 3 to 4 working days from the moment the item has reached our warehouse.
- *The diagnostics report is provided by a manufacturer approved authorised service centre.
- If during diagnostics it was concluded that the fault falls under non-warrantable conditions, our customer support will reach out to you and provide you with an estimated repair cost.
- *Please note that we strive to provide the lowest possible repair prices.
- Under normal circumstances it can take 3-7 working days after diagnostics to repair most minor malfunctions.
- *Please note that each case is unique and your repairs may take longer depending on the fault.
*Please note that all deadlines above are approximate and everything depends on the specific details of each case.
**If your item has been installed by a third party, please save all the documentation.This documentation can help find and fix the fault faster.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Ordered this in Feb 2021 I believe and installed by mid march. This kit had everything I needed to add diesel hydronic heat + hot water to my RV trailer/caravan. Very happy with the end result. This kit requires a fair biit of effort to install. There are quite a few parts to the system. The electrical connections between the espar harness and heat exchanger / fan were not immediately apparent. Needed some electrical skills to figure out how they interfaced. I did not contact support once though so maybe that's on me. Need to also know how to find and clear Espar error codes. A few helpful links included with the kit would have gone a long way in saving time on my end. But the end result I have wonderful heat at under 40db noise level when fan is on low.
I've installed the DS5 in other vans and am hoping your instructions for the D5E has better schematics for integrating the controls with the heater. Otherwise the heater works great!! Just need better instructions for the layman...........thanks, Chris
Ordered this in February and got it fitted a few weeks ago - very happy.
Took some time to set it up but it was well worth it. Appreciate your patience, thanks!
I was not sure about this kit but it all turned out to be just perfect! Got hot water, air heating, and by installing a bypass valve my van now has floor heating during the colder day and stainless steel towel rail in a shower whenever I am in the shower! This RV kit is extremely impressive! Thanks, J. Sterner